The success of E. W. Howell is built upon the cornerstone of our exceptional workforce. It is an ongoing priority to attract and develop a diverse group of remarkably talented people who share both our passion for individual excellence and our commitment to teamwork. E.W. Howell is currently building in the New York Metro, New Jersey, Long Island, and Connecticut region. We construct, retail stores, airports, hotels, industrial and institutional facilities, hospitals, office buildings, health care and assisted living, office interiors, schools and universities. We are seeking team players, who are energetic, reliable and growth oriented. E.W. Howell offers a competitive salary, and excellent benefits including 401(k). If you have these qualities, we hope you will consider E.W. Howell as the place to build your career.
Available Position: Estimating Assistant
Summary: The assistant estimator position reports directly to the Director of Estimating and will be responsible to providing support to the estimating department by soliciting proposals from subcontractors, and maintaining the subcontractor database. In addition, the assistant will provide estimating support to a project estimator throughout the duration of an estimating job. It is the intent that the assistant estimator will rotate between all of the project estimators on various types of projects to insure that the assistant is receiving well rounded instruction. Duties include:
- Solicit subcontractor proposals and monitor subcontractor response
- Maintain subcontractor database
- Reviews bid documents including plans and specifications
- Produces specific trade take-offs
- Generates RFI questions upon review of bid documents
- Reviews subcontractor proposals
- Generates ideas relevant to project logistics
- Coordinates receipt of bid addendums
- Conduct follow-up phone calls with subcontractors
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Management or similar field
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment under bid deadlines
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office – knowledge of ISQFT a plus
- Ability to read and understand blue prints
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and in a team setting.
- Excellent communication and phone skills
- Organization/multi-tasking/prioritizing skills
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their direct supervisor or another company supervisor.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ASSISTANT ESTIMATOR in the subject.
Available Position: Business Process Re-engineering Intern
Position Overview: E.W. Howell Co., LLC is looking for an intern that is a 3rd-4th year or 4th – 5th year Engineering Management or Systems Engineering major to working on identifying and re-engineering operations business processes within a medium size construction management/general contracting organization. The candidate will put to use their knowledge of program and project management processes in a professional services office environment, working directly with the IT Manager to identify, recommend and implement best practices for workflow efficiency.
Qualifications: Part time position Systems Engineering background is a must, knowledge of the construction industry a plus Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills Strong organizational skills Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail is a must Strong time management skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks and assignments
To apply: Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Process Intern” in the subject line.